status code 41 -- network connection time out

This morning, when I open an 'Activity Monitor' Netbackup java console, I found that one of media server in our backup domain is failed. I 've just known, if this media server has replaced by a new one. Formerly no problems with this media server, everything is going well. This media server is a production, there is an oracle database with archive mode.

First, I try to escalate to know what was going wrong?
On 'Host properties' java console, I found if this media server had "status code 41 -- network connection time out". The server did not receive any information from the client/master for too long a period of time. This can occur when a network connection is broken during a backup or restore. This can also occur when a NetBackup timeout is exceeded. In my case the problems occur, before the backup schedule run. And I try to test the port binding from master to this media server, and the result is failed.

The second, when the problem is on Network problem, I try to localize the main core problem by comparing the parameters in bp.conf, /etc/hosts with others media server, and found if nothing strange. And I tried to check the network services on this media server, and again I found nothing strange. But ... Finally I found if the /etc/nsswitch.conf is not available yet and unfortunately if this (new) media server is not listed on DNS.
I add
/etc/nsswitch.conf and define if the system must read the file on /etc/hosts first before DNS. After it added, the problem is solved. And archiving an archive log is normally run.

Some reference is taken from http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/278422.htm.

Please Select Embedded Mode To Show The Comment System.*

Previous Post Next Post