Netbackup Status Code 23 : Socket Read Failed

A read operation from a socket failed

There are several clues on Status Code 23 escalation error on Netbackup. The error itself raised depends on the several triggers, i.e : the corrupt of binaries files, OS patches or service pack (on Windows) issues, caches for concurrent disk writes, connectivity between master and media or client, etc.


In my environment, there is a database oracle server where the backup was going smootlhy but suddently the backup was terminated and raised the status "23".

Before I was going to check it deeply, I tried to check the server's environment first at the time of error raised, and I found if the CPU's idle was zero ('0'), because the oracle daemon had taken out all of the CPU and memory resources for processing data.

I had tried to wait, until the processing was end and re-start the backup job. Finally the job was going succeded.

From the experiences, I reached to the conclussion if the system (CPU and memory) resources busy could lead the netbackup status 23 (Socket Read Failed), beside the status code "134". I think it will be varry in every netbackup environment.

Please Select Embedded Mode To Show The Comment System.*

Previous Post Next Post