Status Code 6 :the backup failed to back up the requested files

In every business organization, it must be a database entities to store the organization activities. For protecting database from unexpected things, such as : disaster, wrong execution program, intrusion or sabotage to bring the database down, etc. the company need a mechanism to protect the value data. Netbackup has lead a way in protecting data due to database by using its genuine mechanism, such as oracle with RMAN.

By accident, in my organization there are several Oracle database which is protected by Netbackup. If we are think deeply, Netbackup function is only maintaining the devices to be used (such as : tape, disk) and controlling the backup job where the backup itself is done by RMAN.

Not every day backup is running well, sometimes we are facing the database backup is going failed. This morning when I watch the activity monitor, I found the status code '6' in my backup database. When I investigate more deeply, the my backup's failed is caused by the
inconsistent archive log sequence, due to insufficient space, where the old archive log has moved to other location.

For ensuring the escalation problem, I checked the .out log file directory, and I found if the archive log sequence is not completed. After several time trying to run manually the error still exist, so I try to run the full online backup policy and ignore all the backup set before the error raised. The backup is running well.

I think this way is not for guidance, but if there is no database administrator at the time problem raised, it is not bad to try.... :)

Please Select Embedded Mode To Show The Comment System.*

Previous Post Next Post